01 November 2010

+1 Happy November!

Yesterday's walk brought spitting snow, which I LOVED-- sunlight here and there, clouds over the mountain, oak leaves, pine needles down along the road the exact strange color of my hair....
I slept badly, briefly, woke hourly except for 4, stayed awake for long times in between, awake awake. Watched the stars like time lapse photography, watched the moon rise, watched orion make his way across the clearing, watched the sky lighten, watched my brain roar with one little dream loop with minute variations-- hospital, waiting, reading a menu of options...

Today I have a string of dr appointments starting at 11 but will update this evening unless, you know, I'm busy.

I'm ok when it is daytime, but night brings worries.
The maybe plan has been discarded for when the doc says induce we will do it then. Until then, walking, raspberry tea, time, patience.

I'll let you know how that goes.

9 comments:

Kate Godin said...

You're not alone. Waiting with you down here in Northampton.

Circus Princess said...

Waiting with you in rural eastern England :)

Anonymous said...

ooo! this is so exciting!

Joanne said...

I went +10 days with each of my two girls, ended up having one induced and the other went naturally. So I can definitely sympathize - the end-game waiting does suck, especially just not knowing *when*, any looming induction, and all those people going "aren't you supposed to have a baby yet?!?". It's only a short little while considering the entire length of your pregnancy (and TTC) but when you're going through it, it can seem interminable. Now's a good time to read up on newborn care (if you haven't done it already) and to just get out as much as you can (sounds like you are). Thinking of you, take it easy.

What IF? said...

You're doing amazing, Kate, with the waiting, the lack of sleep, the understable worries, the not-knowing, and the being-so-incredibly-close-to-labor-yet-unable-to-predict-anything phase.

Breathe, breathe, breathe. It will happen. I'm waiting, hoping, dreaming right along with you. Good luck at the dr. appointments today.

Erin Bakal said...

I still recommend a belly cast! http://gprobins.wordpress.com/2008/09/05/the-waiting-is-the-hardest-part/

It makes for a fun reminder, and it's a great way to use 2-3 hours with your honey or a good friend. Holding good thoughts for you!

KathyB said...

Waiting with you in Sudbury. Sending love.
KathyB

Eb said...

Waiting with you also. THinking of you when I'm awake in the night - wishing you deep breaths and calm joy

Melissa said...

waiting here too!!