23 September 2010

Beauty

Happy Equinox (yesterday)-- and happy Autumn- the season in which I will become a mom.
Holy moly folks. It is starting to feel more and more like this is really going to happen. Here we are, halfway through week 34. And every bit of this feels magical, miraculous and dreamy (dreamy also means a bit surreal and I wish I felt more like it is really happening moment to moment, but it's as if I can't quite let myself believe it. To which I say: fuck you, infertility).

So-- since timing is often odd, the weekend after Justin's truly fun balloon photos, our dear friend Susan Mullen, who was our insanely talented elopement photographer, had a free day and asked us to come to Maine for family pregnancy photos (it was the last day of week 32 I guess). How could we say no? So we spent the afternoon with her, taking family photos and laughing hard and simply enjoying the salty air and the slanting sun. Spending time in the company of both my beloved and a dear friend, what could be better?
We spent the night up there, slept not at all on a hard hotel bed with my broken-feeling pelvis, and headed back the next day.

Then she sent these.

Holy shit people-- want to see more? Since we've sort of outed ourselves here with our actual identities, I feel more open about sharing than I did. So, here's the link. And if you are thinking of southern Maine, and photos, and are happy and easy going, please think of Susan. She is a wonderful warm talented person, so easy to work with, so kind and generous, and so wonderfully FUN.

We had a great time and the images are simply breath taking. I cried, no kidding, when I saw them. How often do we get to see our own love, right on the surface? Bliss.


18 comments:

kdactyl said...

Wow....I cried just looking at those. BEAUTIFUL!!!!! My favorite is you and your love on the beach, in the surf, pants rolled up....I can see/feel your love come right out of the photo! yay.... enjoy these last precious weeks....you look awesome!

Nic said...

The pictures are amazing. You look so beautiful and happy!!
Can't believe how fast time has gone. Not long untill you get to meet your little one.
So incredibly happy for you.
Take care
Nic x

sprogblogger said...

Oh my goodness! Just as your wedding pictures are some of the most stunningly beautiful shots I've ever seen, these maternity pictures are absolutely radiant with love and laughter and hope and life - everything they should be. Can't tell you how lovely you look in these shots - all three of you.

Somethingtogrow said...

Your photos are pure magic! Thank you for sharing the link; these pictures really made me smile. Gorgeous!

alyssa said...

these are gorgeous, YOU are gorgeous. yowza!

Joannah said...

Absolutely gorgeous! :)

Susan said...

Kate, you two are beautiful, inside and out! I can't wait to meet the oh so lucky baby on the way to you. Much love ~ Thank you

Mad Hatter said...

Bliss is the perfect word...I adore these photos, Kate...love love love seeing you so happy and pregnant!
Love,
Maddy

karen alonge said...

oh! lovely beyond words. I can't stop smiling.

thank you for sharing the magic!

Kate said...

Stunning photos. So happy all is well for you!

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely stunning. What beautiful photos!

K said...

wonderful photos...the two of you look amazing...what special moments so beautifully captured.

Helen (Dixon Hill Girl) said...

Stunning, stunning pictures, Kate! You look so radiantly beautiful. SO glad things are going well for you...

xx

Michele said...

That first picture is so gorgeous!!! I LOVE IT!!!

IF Optimist, then... said...

The only thing I could think of when I saw these was...

wow

Wow

WOW

Stunning. I love these photos Kate. I love to see you happy. I love to see Doug holding you. Oh, and I really want to go to Maine now. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Anonymous said...

amazing, gave me goosebumps, soo, soo, soo amazingly in awe for you and so waiting for you to get to hold your little one for the first time.

KathyB said...

These are stunning, Kate.

Elizabeth said...

Dear, dear Kate -- these pictures are stunning, that is the only word I can think of. I love the warmth of the long grass and the light from low on the horizon, the whole feel of them is just perfect and amazing.

You are beautiful -- how fun to be one of those lucky pregnant ladies who stay their regular shape and just look like they have a beach ball under their top.

And what a beach ball! You've got a not fooling, for real, big baby in there. How amazing and wonderful.

In the holy cow department, your baby will be born this month! Within days. If you believe in ultra-pasteurization (and if you drank milk) you could get milk at the grocery story with an expiration date PAST YOUR DUE DATE. That's right: you could be holding your baby before you finish that milk.

I hope for easy last days for you, and the space to fully savor this joy. With love,

Elizabeth