26 April 2011

quiet resolution

Praise god/goddess/all-that-is,
I am better.

A day of rest+heat+Della+antibiotics= quiet resolution.

I quite expected drama when they released: explosion, firehose, fire extinguisher, whipped cream can thingy....
but, really, just quiet resolution, which is somewhat startling.

I did also get a cabbage, but know it can also decrease production and I am feeling very watchful about that right now.
Tomorrow I head back to work and pump, and we'll see how I do. I am hoping for more than yesterday, even if it is less than *optimal*.

I'm still not a high supply gal, just barely enough most of the time, and I am just going to have to stay calm about that.

I have a post brewing in my head about things that work and things I've liked...so with luck we'll be on to a new topic soon!

Seriously, thank you all- I look forward to visiting some new blogs (you delurkers) in the near future, but in the meantime please accept my gratitude.


8 comments:

Shadi said...

so glad to hear things are slowly back on course. I delurked earlier in the week to offer some thoughts on resolving the clogged ducts (mommy to twins comment). I totally know where you are and the constant anxiety about milk production. Just wanted to reassure you that breast milk production can go up and down. Throughout my breastfeeding adventure, I had three episodes of dramatic reduction in my milk supply and all three times I totally freaked out. Just to give you a sense of what I normally produced, on average 60 oz, which was necessary for two little boys, but each time my production went down to very little, I thought that was it. Each time, I just nursed more frequently, stayed hydrated, did hourly pumping for a day (mostly because my boys were not great or frequent nursers and I pumped more than nursed), and took more milk supplements. And each time, my milk came back...your milk will come back! Just try to rest up, drink fluids, nurse often or pump and I'd recommend the supplements. Hope this is helpful! You're doing great.

Joannah said...

Yay! :)

Sprogblogger said...

So glad!

Anonymous said...

Phew! So glad that is resolved for you. : )

Shelagh (a.k.a. Genevieve)

Journeys of The Zoo said...

Glad to hear that things have "worked there way out".

Have you talked to your caregiver about "Domperidone" (to increase your supply)? I'm not one for medicine (I don't even take Tylenol) but I had NO problems with it. Thought I'd mention it as so many woman haven't heard about it.

Check out http://www.drjacknewman.com/help/Domperidone%20Getting%20Started.asp or email me if you have any questions (swak50@hotmail.com).

Sorry to hear about the (lack of) fireworks. POP! BOOM! BANG! Hope that helped a bit.

Rachael said...

Whoo hoo! I didn't write in about the clogged duct because it had not happened to me. But I am happy to write in and say that I, too, barely made enough throughout my time bfing my son, so I know what that anxiety is like. Just remember that barely enough IS enough. Yes, it would be lively to have been able to produce more (how I envied those women who had stashes of milk in the freezer--mine was always in the fridge because I knew I'd need what I pumped right away).

In the end, you are doing a wonderful job of being there for Della and of just being.

Another) karen said...

So glad to hear you're doing better.

(another) karen

Eb said...

Yey!!! Good news indeed. Maybe you need more rest? How about an afternoon in the shade with the little one, napping and learning baby sounds?