07 June 2010

perfection and previa

The baby? measuring perfectly 19w1d, perfect in every way.
The sequential screening results? DREAMY. Dreamy dreamy for an older momma like me.
The placenta? Well, yeah, that... total previa. We talked c-section.
So, here's hoping it does the nice thing and migrate upwards. Here's hoping it does NONE OF THE SCARY THINGS. Here's hoping that if it does not move, we just have a textbook c section at term.
This from the hope-I-can-do-it-all-naturally gal. Yeah well. Universe wins. I control nothing. I get it.

The job conversation was as good as it could be, I went in hoping to keep it logistical rather than emotional. Fought for and won maintenance of my benefits thanks to my office manager who has my back. This week? Friday off with my new schedule. And heard one other person here was also asked for a time decrease as of this morning. He is neither female nor pregnant.

And with all of this emotional bruhaha, I am ready to nap. Yoga tonight though praise-the-gods.

13 comments:

alyssa said...

sweet kate, i'm so glad the scan went beautiful and the baby is perfect. perfect. yowza.

Searching for Serenity said...

Hooray for a healthy baby!

Universe. Back off!

No limitations with the previa? I half expected to see bed rest somewhere in this post after reading that.

Mo said...

wonderful news about your babe. Sorry to hear about the previa. that had to be hard to hear. funny how the universe keeps reminding us all in different ways that we can plan and plan but are definitely not in charge. thinking of you.

mo

Nic said...

Good to hear you are keeping your benefits.
Sorry to hear about the précis and potentail c-section. So frustrating! Pleased rest of scan was perfect!!
Take care
nic x

IF Optimist, then... said...

yay! Yay!! YAY!!! for perfect little babyness. I'm so glad that things are going well for your little one. Hoping the previa migrates (most do) and that you'll get to have bubs au naturale. So glad you get to keep your benefits, depsite the other frustration. Things are crazy but good over here. The hospital wifi sux and I can't view/comment as often as I would like, but I managed to catch you today. I think of you often and keep you in my heart. Much love floating your way. -- Traci

It is what it is said...

So great (and relieving for you, I'm sure) to hear that baby is coming along.

As for the previa, take it as easy as you can and prepare that some degree of bed rest might be in your future if it does not move.

Grade A said...

Glad you are focusing on the positive. Glad baby is well.

linda said...

I don't know much about placentia previa but I hope that if you wind up with a c-section that you get a speedy recovery! Where there's a will, there's a way, you know? I am happy to hear that your benefits are secure. That has to be a bit of relief right about now.

Finn's Mom said...

Yay for a great quad screen!! That's the most important part.

As for previa, I had it too at your point and by my next appt, the uterus had migrated nicely up and is perfectly situated now. Here's hoping that yours does the same!

Kir said...

YEA...BABY!!! :) so glad about that wonderful u/s..

the previa can be scary, but hang in there....it will be ok.

hope that nap was a good one..and yoga too!!!
thinking of you

Kate said...

Great news (but for the previa). Hope you find a way to keep the house payments manageable. Glad you have a reason to stay where you love it though!

Anonymous said...

Hi, did you find out if it is a boy or girl???
Just curious!

Anonymous said...

hi again
oh...I just saw that you DON'T want to find out the gender. I think that is a good decision! Takes willpower but better for you.