no no, nothing that good.
I just got a call back from the clinic.
Sweet Sharon said: they don't usually do a blood test for anyone until day 18, that includes IVFers. it is just standard practice. the cramping I had last week sounded like implantation cramping to her. If so, even though this is day 16 this is still early since that cramping was thursday night and friday night. So--
option 1: wait it out. pee on sticks if I want. keep up with the progesterone.
option 2: ask/demand/beg for a blood test. She said she would order one if I needed it. She was very sweet but made me feel like I maybe could (not should) wait.
two more days?
My period may come in the meantime. Or not. She said she'd feel horrible to pull the progesterone too soon if it is helping something get established.
I am leaning toward waiting. I realize that I am extra impatient since I do not think this worked and I want to get on to the next thing that might.
But she made me realize that until my period comes, really comes, not just spotting and cramping, that maybe, maybe maybe there is a tiny minute sliver of a chance of a something and if so, why rush it.
And, because I am kate, I told her I will call her tomorrow either way, because a little reassurance goes a long long way.