So, today I had another ultrasound and blood draw. I've no idea what my E2 is yet but I can say this: Only one follicle over 1 (and it is at 1.4 I think)-- 3 others around .7... "a few unmeasurable" that I did not even see--- so it is not bad enough to stop yet or good enough to feel confident about going forward. And there are a few changes:
Since that one is bigger and growing, I injected Ganirelex in my belly at lunchtime when I got back here to work -- and now have a big 2-quarter sized welt (anyone else have this response?) and palm sized red spot and man is it ITCHY. I am icing it.
All stims will now go intramuscularly (IM) instead of into the belly fat and I am very sorry to hear that especially after seeing the needles. This scares me silly.
Friday we will rescan. If my one bigger one is still growing and the others are not, we'll convert to IUI-- probably trigger friday night, IUI sunday. If by some miracle of IM injections the others decide to give it a go and the big one has slowed down, I will go back monday to see how things are going.
Not trying to tempt fate, but since we were there, we also spoke to the great nurse, Sharon, about egg donor stuff and embryo donor stuff and feel a lot better prepared to handle whatever is next for us. I am not feeling *good* about any of it, but I am feeling resolute.
As for my ovaries? They're giving it a go. My endometrium had not improved at all since Monday. But there's still some time. I am trying to just be with what is. Even if what is is a 1" 23 guage needle with my name on it.
Anyone else inject your own medications IM? Any tips? I am going to ice it and pray. But the thought makes we want to york. Wish I were better at bucking up, but really I am a big chickenshit. I'll be better or worse after tonight's first try in the library bathroom. Think of me around 7:30. Hope I don't yell. It sure is echoy in there.