06 April 2009

today's beta was good

In fact, it was a very lovely 2904 (22dpo/dpIUI)
PHEW
Now I can breathe. My heart was beating SO FAST as I waited for Sharon to tell me the number that I realized I was really worried. Not just obliquely. So this is good. Good. Good. Will go make some (decaf) tea and try to calm the fucQ down. This is so much not an intellectual exercise. I keep thinking there must be some way to override my panic with reason.

Ha. Not so much.

But while I was waiting and panicking quietly here in my cube, I learned something from flailing about on the internet that I wish to share-- a small peace offering to the side of reason.

This is from Conceiving concepts (and other places too):

"As your pregnancy progresses, levels rise and that doubling time increases. The expected doubling time for HCG levels:

• Under 1200 mIU/ml: 48-72 hours.
• Between 1200 to 6000 mIU/ml: 72-96 hours.
• Over 6000 mIU/ml: more than 96 hours"

Good to know.

But this, my friends, is my last beta-- at least for now. Next stop: the ultrasound a week away.

Thank you for your kind words and your support while I freak out.

7 comments:

Susan said...

YAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Eb said...

HOLY CRAP & SHYTE &ONIONS THIS IS GREAT! I am so happy for you. Lots of water - that's what I read. Oh I am so relieved for you. Congratulations and I can't wait to hear about your U/S. and that is not something one normally says!
EB

karen alonge said...

high five from CO! this IS really happening, my friend ...
:)

onwardandsideways said...

Yeah! That is a very good sign, I think you're on your way, m' dear.

I am currently having the same freak out you had a few days ago -- the 'something's happening' feeling in my abdomen/uterus area has been a lot less intense and while I did have some pretty sore boobs on Saturday night, they're not that sore any more.

So I reread *that* post and it helped some, but I am secretly freaking out.

I like your new motto.

Anonymous said...

i can't even tell you how happy i am for you! i wanted to scream but maybe the sleeping dog next to me would appreciate some discretion for the time being. i'm so so so overjoyed. see, exhaustion = good sign!

now lay down and relax yourself, the next annoying wait is coming at you. oh wait... forget i mentioned that. just relax and enjoy your amazing news!

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! Great news! I am so happy for you and I am looking forward to the u/s update!

Grade A said...

SUPER NEWS!!!!!! That little one is making itself comfy and cozy in there. My one piece of advice: the freak out does not go away...you seem like a meditative, reflective kind of gal. Hang on to a mantra or meditative message. My inhale word is "hope" and my exhale word is "release." That said, looking forward to your ultrasound news next week!